An exciting new opportunity at Bowyer Engineering Ltd
Production Engineer (Programming)
We are currently seeking a Production Engineer to join our growing team; the ideal applicant will have hands-on skills as well as offline programming experience and be able to assist technically within all of the business sectors.
What you will do:
• aid the production team by creating CNC programs using the latest techniques and EdgeCam software. (Training can be given to the right applicant).
• be a good problem solver and able to work to tight deadlines.
• be willing to use and implement the latest tooling and work holding whilst always looking for the next way to improve production processes.
• assist with producing competitive manufacturing quotes based on the latest manufacturing tooling and techniques.
What you will need:
• experience in small batch high value parts.
• good communication skills.
• machining experience (preferred but not essential).
• Produce routings and quotes on our MRP system for newly machined parts.
• Provide technical support in all manufacturing areas.
• Produce manufacturing estimates for Project and Account Managers for make to drawing parts and projects involving sub-contract.
• Assist with raising structures, routings & BOMs on an MRP system to maximise production efficiency.
• Identify suitable material and arrange for allocation or purchasing to take place in order to allow efficient production.
• Create accurate manufacturing documentation and be responsible for communicating the job progress plan.
• Create and ensure that machine programs and tooling requirements are properly documented and stored for future use.
• Identify opportunities to further improve work holding, tooling and cutting technology
What we offer:
Competitive salary, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills, Onsite parking, Benefits package.
If you feel you are right for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.