Bowyer Engineering Ltd is committed to safeguarding all personal information we collect from individuals in the course of our business.
We have developed this notice to describe how we handle personal information collected from persons:
- who use the website contact form
- in the course of any marketing or
- In person (e.g. business cards).
- We also collect personal information directly in the normal course of business through quoting, sales order processing and purchasing activities.
By providing your personal information as described above, or by completing our websites contact form, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice, and you agree to the storing or processing of your personal information in the manner described in this Notice.
If you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, then contact your client manager, identified on all correspondence, or email your request to email@example.com
- We collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in the website contact form on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, text messaging, direct mail, online or otherwise. It also includes information you provide us through electronic or hard copy business cards
- If you are a job applicant we collect, store and use information you provide on your application form for the purposes of recruitment. The information you give us may include your contact details, job application, curriculum vitae, covering letter and any references provided.
What are cookies?
Cookies are a small text files that are stored in your web browser that allows Bowyer Engineering or a third party to recognise you. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites, including on the Bowyer Engineering website.
Cookies might be used for the following purposes:
- To enable certain functions
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences
- To enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising
Bowyer Engineering uses both session cookies and persistent cookies.
A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our Website. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our Website. We use these cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, such as when you log into our Website.
A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie if you asked that we keep you signed in.
What are your cookies options?
If you don’t like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of your browser.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- We will use this information for:
- Provision of services: specific personal information is necessary to progress quotes, sales orders and purchase orders, (e.g. an e-mail address).
- Contact and communication: We may use your contact information to advise you of products or services which we believe will be of interest.
- Recruitment: We will use the personal information provided on your application form to process your application. The information provided by you may be stored for further job opportunities, or if you are successfully recruited, stored on your employee file.
- Sharing Information
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, including (without limitation) in order to comply with applicable local laws or judicial proceedings, court orders or any other legal processes.
- Retaining Information
Bowyer Engineering may be required to use and retain information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law;
- to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and other public and government authorities;
- to enforce a legal contract; or
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property or those of other persons
- Data Security
We have physical, electronic and administrative security processes in place to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or alteration of information.
- Your Rights – Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating/Accessing Personal Information:
- If you wish to correct and/or update information, you can notify us of this change by contacting your client manager or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may, where permitted by GDPR, submit a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) to check whether we hold your personal information; and/or,
- Require us to provide you with a copy of your personal information; and/or,
- Require us to correct or delete or restrict the processing of any of your personal information that is inaccurate or that you don’t want us to hold.
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may make changes to our Privacy Notice, check back to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.