Paget Bowyer founded Bowyer Engineering in Clerkenwell, London, in 1946. It moved to its present premises on the Walworth Industrial Estate in 1969. Bowyer Engineering was one of the first companies in Andover to be approved to BS5750 in 1977 before it gained recognition to the newer standard ISO 9001:2008.
Specialising in precision engineering for firms such as Rolls-Royce plc, De La Rue International and Flight Refuelling Ltd. the Business has gone from strength to strength since the move, which lead to an expansion of the factory in 2000.
When Paget retired in 1989, his son Michael took over the Business. Bowyer Engineering takes pride in being a family firm and now his son, James has taken over as Managing Director. Michael still works for the Company.